Monday, February 25, 2008

New Lens - Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS L


How cool is this! I am the proud owner of a spanking new Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS L lens! Very happy chappy indeed! All I need now is the weather to brighten up a bit and i'm in business!

My main purpose for this lens will be people and animal photography. In time I shall get some extension tubes so that it will convert to a macro lens and I shall also possibly get an extender to increase the reach for better bird close ups!

My first impressions of the lens is how well built it feels. I get the feeling this will outlive my camera body several fold (indeed I have heard that some people have outstripped six EOS 1D bodies with this lens! Not bad going). With the flash unit attached, it makes my camera look so small! But its the glass and the flash that are the most important thing my more educated photographers tell me so that's where i've spent my money so far!

My second impression of the lens is how amazingly quiet the motor is. I could bearly hear it when I started using it! So quiet. That should stop scaring the birds away then!

My only gripe is that it's white! Why? Why? Why? Just make it black Canon! No need for white.. honestly.

Will hope to post some more photos soon!

No comments: