Friday, February 29, 2008

Image stabiliser really works

Well, as you can imagine, I have been trying my hand with my new Canon 70-200mm lens and it is prooving to be a real gem. The one thing I had some doubts over was the image stabilisation. I have heard lots of people say good things about it but wanted to see for myself how good it was. So I tried taking a picture of a neighbours car alloy wheel from a standing position. I extended the zoom to 200mm and took the picture with a shutter speed of only 1/50secs.
The results are shown below.

Image without stabilisation (200mm f5.0 1/50)

Image with stabilisation (200mm f5.0 1/50)

I am amazed at the difference and all the extra cost for this lens makes it worth it! The extra sharpness I can get at these low shutter speeds is just wonderful. I can't wait to see what kind of photos I can now get from events, sports matches, family and friend gatherings and weddings! This is truly an amazing lens!

No comments: